Follow the posts for this workshop.
When you reach the end of the page, click "Older Posts" for the remaining workshop agenda items.
The workshop agenda document was upload to issuu.
CHOOSE your view by clicking "Layout".(Views: magazine/ presentation/ or paper)
Click the "arrow" on the right to "turn the pages"
Workshop Agenda (below)
What is a Blog?
Blog in Plain English - Video (3 min.)
Blogger - Create A Blog (3 min Video)
Source: TeacherTube by BloggerHelp
- 21st century students are digital natives.
- They interact fluidly with the online world for testing, instruction, and games.
- Use social media as an extension of their actual friendships.
- Blogs capitalize on this native experience
- It encourages students to read, write, think, and interact with other cultures.
- A vehicle for reinforcing the importance of keyboarding
- Utilizes internet safety skills
- Used to teach word processing basics
- Teaches beginning web design (html code, widgets, etc.)
- Utilizes critical thinking and information literacy
- Throw in a project that is engaging & addresses a host of educational standards – You Are A Winner!
Information Source: BES Blogs - Berthoud Elementary
Image Source: Dubuque Community School: For Parents Only!
Creator of Image: Mr. Olsen
Use SlideShare to EmbedYour Documents into Your BlogPreviously I introduced the FREE web-based application issuu which is somewhat the same, but it gives your documents a polished magazine feel and look. However if you are looking for a QUICK and EASY upload web-based site, then SlideShare would be my recommendation.
SlideShare - is a FREE web-based site that allow user to share their documents, PowerPoint presentations, and pdf or embed them into their sites. The workshop documents below were embedded into this blog via SlideShare.Experiment with the two application and make your choice based on which serves your current purpose.
View the video tutorial below this document and see how EASY it can be done.
Watch my SlideShare Video Tutorial.
Special Note: I made this video using Screenr.
Learn Kidblog.org in 5 minutes
Source: YouTube by LearnitN5
SEE Mrs. Matthews' KidBlog.org - Classroom Blogs