- 21st century students are digital natives.
- They interact fluidly with the online world for testing, instruction, and games.
- Use social media as an extension of their actual friendships.
- Blogs capitalize on this native experience
- It encourages students to read, write, think, and interact with other cultures.
- A vehicle for reinforcing the importance of keyboarding
- Utilizes internet safety skills
- Used to teach word processing basics
- Teaches beginning web design (html code, widgets, etc.)
- Utilizes critical thinking and information literacy
- Throw in a project that is engaging & addresses a host of educational standards – You Are A Winner!
Information Source: BES Blogs - Berthoud Elementary
Image Source: Dubuque Community School: For Parents Only!
Creator of Image: Mr. Olsen